Saturday, March 24, 2007

Fynbos

Since I am living and working in one of the most diverse floras in the world (and in fact one of the six floral kingdoms of the world), I thought I would post a few pictures.Mountain Fynbos (count the species!)

Bond and Dawson

Leucospermum conocarpodendron


Mimetes fimbriifolius - - - - - - - Syncarpha canescens

Leucospermum hypophyllocarpodendron

Restios


Erica cerinthoides - - - - - - - Diastella divaricata

Erica pulchella

Pine invasion

2 Comments:

Blogger Lora said...

Nice pictures, but way to go with geekn' out with the scientific names.
Honestly the fynbos looks beautiful and I hope to visit it with you (yes if I show up you have to take us there) in the next couple of years.

Love you guys

3:00 pm  
Blogger Timmaay said...

Hey where are the flying pictures? C'mon get up there you guys!

4:23 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home