Flying over the 2010 World Cup staduim
The 2010 Stadium , under construction.Arrived at Signals 1.5 hours after Don had told me he was heading up. When I got there, Don was above Lions Head on his way to the Apostles. But by the time I launched, the wind has swung a bit more southerly. I flew into the wind and just got around on to the front of Lions Head. I thought I had done it and would boom up from there. But, after 30 mins of working very broken lift on the face, I had only gained 20 meters. And then I started losing it all. I flew back to signals to find Ianni rigging. I did some dive bombs of the launch while he rigged. The light pitch pressure and energy retention of the U2 is such fun. When Ianni launched, he also tried to get around Lions Head, but failed as the wind had definitely swung more southerly. Disappointing not to get on Lions Head and the Apostles, but still a nice 2 hr flight. Also had a spotless landing :) The U2 goes beautifully.
My new glider :)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home